For my first post I thought I would write about select moments with Olivia. She is growing up so fast and I just don't want to forget these times:
- Olivia must have been about three months old and I was sitting in my rocker feeding her and holding her. She was so tiny. I remember hearing the birds chirp and I didn't have a care in the world other than this precious baby. I remember thinking this is THE BEST. It didn't matter that she had Down syndrome. She was MY baby girl and I loved her to pieces.
- At one of Olivia's therapy sessions we were working on going down a slide. She got to the bottom and with a big smile on her face gave me the biggest hug ever. Over and over again. Her hugs can melt my heart.
- Hearing her laugh makes my day, week, month and year! We recently went to a gym for kids with special needs (but is great for ALL kids) and I was throwing into a foam pit. She laughed and smiled and LOVED it.
Yay! I am so happy that you are blogging!!!! I wanted to tell you that you need to get a dog or cat! LOL :-) My Olivia finds our cats to be the best motivators for all of her gross motor activities. They are who initially motivated her to start belly crawling long distances. And the faster they move, the faster she moves!
ReplyDelete_
Linda