Thursday, December 23, 2010

Disneyland!!!

I haven't been to Disneyland in over 15 years.  I had been dying to go to see the decorations at Christmastime and I was not disappointed. Nancy (my SIL) and I went on December 13 with Miss O to Disneyland. We got there at 11:00 a.m. and when we first arrived inside the park and stepped into Main Street you can't miss the GIANT Christmas tree with the BIGGEST ornaments ever! It was fantastic! The weather was GREAT for a December too! It was 80 degrees. The best was I played the Down syndrome card and we got to enter ALL the rides through the handicapped entrance so our wait times were only about five or 10 minutes versus 30 minutes. 

The first ride we went on was It's a Small World.  OLIVIA LOVED IT!!! She was clapping and smiling and just in awe.  Even I was in awe. I practically had tears in my eyes. They do such a great job of decorating it. And I was surprised by how long the ride was. Of course, we had to ride it again later on.

We even met another family who had a child with Down.  She was seven and was quite an impressive young lady. Her gross motor skills were amazing.

We rode the train, Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, and the ferris wheel (total disaster - she just HATES those things - why? I don't know!)

It was a GREAT day, but probably one of the best parts was seeing Sleeping Beauty's castle all lit up.  Absolutely breathtaking.  Wish I had a good picture of it, but there was WAY too many people and hard to get a good shot. 

Olivia was amazing the whole day too! She didn't fuss or cry once (well except for the ferris wheel - she fussed a bit then). She was having a good time! It was so nice. All in all a FANTASTIC day at Disneyland and since my SIL bought me an annual pass I'll be going there again! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment