Today I took Miss O to a child directed play class where the kids play with the toys as they see fit and the mommas don't help out. The teacher brings out one toy at a time and the kids play with it. It was SOOO incredibly painful to watch her play and see how the other kids played. All the activities were fine motor ones - building type activities. Olivia sucks at building stuff! She just HATES it - period! All the other kids were building and pulling it apart and she just played with it like a 10 month old baby would...sigh... she was engaged, but her playing skills are pretty immature.
But the worst was when they pulled out the drums which were about three feet from her and she just sat there. Now, Olivia LOVES the drums. I mean she REALLY, REALLY loves them, so it was so hard for me to watch her just sitting there watching the other kids play with their drums. She just would not go over to them. Then the teacher brought out the beautiful wood xylophone another item she REALLY loves and still nothing. It just about broke my heart. I sat there wiping tears away thinking how I better get used to this. She can get to anything she wants to, so I don't know why she didn't. It wasn't until the teacher said she was putting the items away that Olivia made her way over there. Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment